Ok, you girls asked for it, so I am going to do it. Here, I was trying to be judicious and polite by not including the WORST shopping sites and brands for Teens/Tweens because, well, some of the emails I was getting from Moms on the 2010 Best and Worst write up that included Old Navy, Target and WalMart.
So, when you scroll down to the bottom.. .you will see that I have indeed, included: The WORST Tween (and Teen) Shopping Sites of 2013
Every year I set out to find the best stores and shopping websites for tween/teen clothing. Many brands offer toddler girls clothing in a range of sizes that goes all the way up to tween. And while a lot of it is cute, many tween girls are not having it. They prefer to wear the mini version of what the teens and young adults are wearing these days. My picks are based on quality and selection first but I also take into consideration the pricing structure as well. There are many, many beautiful designer collections out there, but cost can play a big factor in whether or not it is a sensible option for a Top 10 List for the average consumer.
So, without further adieu, here is my current list of top 10 BEST stores (PLUS the WORST) and websites for Tween Clothing of 2013:
1. Forever21 Girls is still top on my list for a wide array of selection, sales that are out of this world and trendy clothing for girls that isn’t “toddler girl”.
2. United Colors of Benetton Kids Today, Benetton Group is one of the best known fashion brands in the world. Benetton has an identity comprised of color, authentic fashion, quality at democratic prices and passion for its work
3. J Crew If you have a little more to spend, J Crew offers a beautiful selection of sophisticated tween girl clothing that is classic!
4. Aeropostale Variety! Great place for jeans, shorts and colorful tops (budget friendly, too!)
5. Zara Kids One of my favorites by far! Zara offers beautiful, feminine and sophisticated styles!
6. Ella Moss Girl and Splendid Kids offers adorable and simple knit tops, dresses, bottoms and swimwear. Both lines are owned by VF Corp and although they are not a cheap lines, they are made with quality fabrics and offer great fits. Plus, they offer free shipping and returns on all orders
7. Desigual Kids is characterized by its optimistic and colorful designs. The collection is bright and creative, designed to bring magic and color to the world.
8. H&M Hands down, H&M is just super trendy, FUN and amazingly affordable
9. Old Navy (and Gap) is wonderful for it’s prices and selections. The designers are always on top of trends and execute the styles quite perfectly.
10. Pacific Sunwear (also known as PacSun) is becoming a pretty big deal. More and more girls (and guys) are telling me that this is their preferred place to shop. Looking on their website and visiting the store, I can see why. It has a variety of options and currently has a Kendall and Kylie line. The clothes are kind of cute and boho. Also, check out their new collection of Activewear!
OK, now for the WORST tween shopping sites of 2013
Walmart – Save Money. Live Better? Not only are the options totally cheeseball but the overall quality is downright crap. I needn’t say much more than this. You’re better off shopping at Goodwill. At least there, you’re likely to score something fabulous for $3, like a brand new pair of American Eagle jeans or if you’re really lucky, something barely worn from JCrew or Anthropologie (which, I have) . No, thanks, Walmart. You can keep your $5 Jordache jeans with pocket bling detail.
SEARS – Have you seen the clothing here lately?? It’s a half step up from Walmart and a few steps down from JCPenney. Not OK. Although they are trying, the styles leave much to be desired. Most are unimaginative and just boring.
Stella Industries – Tweens Everything about these dresses (for 14 years olds??) Is not OK. Clearly they are out of touch with what a 14 year old girl wears or where they shop. Just my opinion. The last time I checked, girls quit wearing ruffle baby-doll dresses at about age 5.