5 Reasons Why We Love Taylor Swift
We love to love Taylor Swift. She’s America’s sweeter-than-sweet Sweetheart. She’s everything we hope for in a female role model. She’s pretty, talented, genuine, kind, silly, and happy. She’s the girl we all want to be, or have as a best friend. Here I pay homage to Taylor and to all the Swifties who love her.
1. She’s a fan of her fans! The Swifty army is a fierce and loyal crowd. She loves them as much as they love her. She connects with her fans on a very real and personal level. She interacts with them any chance she can, whether that be on social media or at public events.
2. She’s real. She’s likable. And she’s not afraid to be a silly dork. She can make fun of herself. This is truly one of the things I admire the most about her. She could chose to put on a facade, easily. But she doesn’t. She just enjoys having fun, being comfortable in her skin and being HERSELF.
3. She’s a happy, optimistic young lady. And we all know that a happy girl is a girl that’s so easy to love! Taylor seems to just be loving life and she’s not afraid to show it. She doesn’t put on the “cooler than you” celebrity face. She still gets giddy about the simple things. 🙂
4. She writes her own songs. C’mon. How awesome is that?? No doubt we all have a few Taylor Swift songs that we can relate to. Whether it’s present day or a time in our lives where we thought the world might end if we: A. got a pimple, B. had to talk to the boy we crushed on, or C. we eventually got dumped by the boy we crushed on. Nobody writes a breakup song the way Taylor does.
She also gets major points from me because she’s not afraid to call a dude out when he acts like a dog. And she does this so heroically and publicly –by writing a song about it. Forever emblazoned, and another arrow to add to the Swifty Army. (ahem, Dear John)
5. She’s classy and has style. She rocks red lipstick and never looks cheap. She wears everything from evening gowns to sweet, feminine dresses with ease.
“I go into a trance when I’m in an antique store. I don’t like it when something or someone turns out to be different than what you originally thought. Like when you’re shopping and you find a really cute dress, only to realize it’s actually a strange jumpsuit situation. But I mostly don’t like it when it happens with people. I love my friends and I’m always making new ones. I don’t really think you can ever stop making new friends or learning about as many new things as possible. I also don’t think you should ever take life so seriously that you forget to play”. – Taylor Swift
Poll Time! 🙂