5 Reasons Why Yoga is More Than Just Wearing Cute Clothes
It’s no secret, yoga is on the rise in a major way. In fact, most women I know practice some form of physical activity such as Yoga, Pilates, Crossfit and Spin Classes. Strong is the new skinny.
I also think it’s wonderful that more moms and daughters are getting involved with yoga together! More Women’s Yoga wear companies are launching girls yoga wear with their women’s yoga collections ,such as the newly re-designed Berry Jane, and the ever-popular Iviva (by LuLuLemon). But with the movement of yoga, I felt it important to list the reasons why it’s super beneficial, besides the cute clothes that come with it! 😉
- Through yoga movements and conscious breathing, youth are learning to be still, to focus, to relax and to have greater self-control.
- Yoga is a practical aid, not a religion. Yoga is an ancient art based on a harmonizing system of development for the body, mind, and spirit. The continued practice of yoga will lead you to a sense of peace and well-being, and also a feeling of being at one with their environment. This helps to decrease stress (yes, kids can experience stress, too!)
- Yoga can be a wonderful introduction into fitness and physical activity. It is a relaxing, low impact routine that can be increased over time and allow one to move into the more challenging poses.
- Yoga creates a mind-body consciousness and promotes a positive body image.
- According to According to Dr. Nevins, the other physical benefits include: Increased flexibility. Increased muscle strength and tone. Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
The maintenance of a balanced metabolism. Weight reduction. Cardio and circulatory health. Improved athletic performance. Protection from injury.
With all the reasons listed above, I can’t find a reason NOT to do yoga! 😀
Sound-off! I want to hear your thoughts on this. Do you do yoga?
Photo Credit: Laura Sykora