Hunger Games Costume Inspiration!
Katniss Everdeen (because who doesn’t want to be a super courageous heroine who packs heat in the form of arrows?) She’s like the new Lara Croft..with no guns and more clothes (which is a plus for so many reasons, besides it’s going to be chilly outside!)
Katniss is a relatively simple costume, and one you can create with a lot of the items currently in your wardrobe, or items that may be easily found at your local thrift store. Here’s a little inspiration:
- Tall brown boots
- Skinny pants in an earthy color
- Black tee shirt
- Chunky grey turtleneck sweater that you don’t mind cutting up DIY style into a wrap shawl. If you want something long term, this one is awesome by an Etsy handcrafter. OR, if you know a good knitter, I found a really cool pattern and tutorial for the Katniss Everdeen shawl sweater here 😉
- Side braid
- Mockingjay pendant (I found a good, cheap one here on Amazon)
- Brown leather (faux leather) jacket
- For the bow and arrows, I suggest gathering sticks around your home (if possible) and crafting these yourself. Unless you already have an archery set. OF COURSE, for safety sake, leave the pointy parts off the arrows.
Whatever you do, have FUN with it! Be creative and see what you can come up with using the least amount of $$$, items you already have, borrowed things or thrift store finds!