The 20 Most Popular Tween Books
What are the best books for Tweens right now? Well, you’ll be surprised to find that based on GoodReads, Google and Amazon, these are the top selling and best rated books for tweens – some of them being classics from the 80s and some are brand new. Harry Potter still reigns, but Warriors is quickly becoming a fan favorite!
- Harry Potter (all of them!) by J.K. Rowling No doubt, these books are still a favorite among kids and adults alike!
- Warriors Box Set: Volumes 1 to 6: The Complete First Series
(Warriors: The Prophecies Begin) by Erin Hunter
- Just As Long As We’re Together by Judy Blume
- The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- The One and Only Ivan by K. A. Applegate
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- My Name Is River by Wendy Dunham
- Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingat – Memphis, 1939. Twelve-year-old Rill Foss and her four younger siblings live a magical life aboard their family’s Mississippi River shantyboat. But when their father must rush their mother to the hospital one stormy night, Rill is left in charge—until strangers arrive in force. Wrenched from all that is familiar and thrown into a Tennessee Children’s Home Society orphanage, the Foss children are assured that they will soon be returned to their parents—but they quickly realize the dark truth.
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer
- Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume – This was one of my favorite books as a tween, and it has really stood the test of time.
- The List by Siobhan Vivian
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon –
- Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper – Eleven-year-old Melody is not like most people. She can’t walk. She can’t talk. She can’t write. All because she has cerebral palsy. But she also has a photographic memory; she can remember every detail of everything she has ever experienced.
- Wonder by R. J. Palacio Over 6 million people have read the #1 New York Times bestseller WONDER and have fallen in love with Auggie Pullman, an ordinary boy with an extraordinary face. This book will soon to be a motion picture!
What’s your favorite book? Please let us know in the comments below!