The Top Selling Beauty Products on Amazon are NOT what you'd expect.
You might be surprised to discover the top selling beauty products for women across the USA are not posh perfumes or high ticket cosmetic items with luxe packaging. Besides Ivanka Trump’s perfume being purchased in droves by adoring and supportive fans after her Norstrom ordeal, the majority of what US women love the most are just basic lotions and face creams without the fancy packaging. The reviews and numbers don’t lie. So I took a closer look to see what all the fuss was about for these no-fuss beauty products. I uncovered the TOP 10 Best Selling Beauty Products on Amazon right now:
1 . Ivanka Trump perfume spray and/or roll-on. Honestly, I didn’t even know this existed, much less have I smelled it. I’m a pretty big perfume snob so the likelihood of me buying it blindly (which a lot of customers have done) simply to “support a cause” or any other reason is very slim. very. slim. I’m surprised it’s on the top hot list, seeing as how other perfumes have outsold this one by thousands on Amazon.
My perfume pick for Teen and Tween girls is Daisy by Marc Jacobs or Miss Dior’s Absolutely Blooming These are perfumes that have been spotted on Maddie Ziegler’s Instagram photos, so I imagine they are one of her favorite perfumes as well.
2. Colgate whitening toothpaste. Yes, you read that right, people buy their toothpaste on Amazon. I guess I can see why. Two packs for less than $5.
3. Baebody’s eye gel. It’s not surprising, who doesn’t want that well-rested look? And according to the reviews, this stuff really works!
4. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Women are swearing by this and it’s currently on my list of items ‘to check out’. This one has got to be the most unglamorous packaging ever, but who cares if it works like a miracle, right? Which is exactly what a lot of customers are saying. Plus, the price is pretty remarkable.
5. Active Wow Activated Coconut Charcoal Powder for natural teeth whitening. Yes, apparently America really wants whiter teeth. The price is pretty great at only $25. And according to reviewers, it’s a lot more gentle on your teeth than Whitestrips.
6. Silicon Makeup Sponge The first time I saw this, I had NO idea what it was! Apparently, the silicone sponge is the hottest new foundation blending item and works better than the sponges not only for it’s blending abilities, but also for it’s less makeup waste properties since it doesn’t absorb all of your liquid foundation. This one will be yet another item to add to my ‘to check out’ list. Have you tried one of these yet? If so, let me know how it works in the comment box below!
7. Organic Castor Oil. Castor Oil? Really? I had to dig a little deeper on this one, because I was surprised. But after reading the reviews, I’m pretty convinced. According to Sky Organics and many other sources, Castor Oil is known to be an effective remedy that can treat and prevent some hair and skin problems. It provides moisturizing and nourishing properties that can help repair skin conditions like scars, stretch marks, acne, sunburns, warts, ringworm, athlete’s foot, chronic itching and much more. It also promotes hair growth that can result to longer, thicker and healthier hair, eyelashes and eyebrows.
8. Dove Body Wash. With all the frou-frou soaps out there, it looks like America just loves it’s good, old-fashioned Dove soap.
9. Elizavecca Milkypiggy Hell-Pore Clean Up Nose Mask. Um, what? This face clearing mask with the strangest name ever makes it to the top 10 women’s beauty product list. Why? Because women say they’ll buy it even after their dead and buried: “WOW. That’s all I can say. I ordered this and I was quite skeptical but my god this product is fabulous. I will continue to buy this until my skin is rotting away under ground”.
That being said, it’s currently in my shopping cart.
10. Aquaphor I don’t know if it gets any better or simpler than Aquaphor for moisturizing your skin during the cold, dry winter months. Aquaphor is known for it’s intense healing ability for dry and cracked skin.
There ya have it ladies. What women want is: fuss-free moisturized skin, white teeth and simple skin care that WORKS (on a budget, of course).