When I was growing up, board games were everything! Now, there are a whole new set of fun board games for kids (and the family) that are outrageous, funny and downright ridiculous. You know, the stuff viral videos are made of. Like this one:
Board games are a perfect gift for any holiday or birthday and they really do become what memories are made of when it comes to parties and family gatherings. Some of my fondest memories were with my family at Christmas time, playing board games.
Here are my top family picks for kids, tween and girls board games:
- Pieface Pieface is a hilarious game for the whole family where you basically place your face in the hole and pray the “pie” isn’t meant for you. A russian roulette of cream puffs that will probably leave you and your family in stitches.
- Who Tooted? This is, well..the fart game. And it’s also the #1 best selling game right now and hard to find!
- ThinkFun Robot Turtles a Kickstarter backed game, Robot Turtles was the most backed board game of all time! Best suited for kids ages 4+, RT sneakily teaches preschoolers the fundamentals of programming, from coding to functions, while making silly turtle noises!
- Apples To Apples and Apples to Apples Junior This game kept my little sister busy for years! It’s the game of crazy combinations that is great for parties and family game night. Ages 9+
- Spin Master Beat the Parents Beat the Parents game brings kids together with their parents to go head to head in the fun filled family trivia game where you
prove who’s the boss! Adults answer questions about kids stuff, and the kids answer questions their parents should really know. Ha! This one should be fun
- Bugs in The Kitchen Board Game is fast paced, action-packed and fun for Family Game Night. Also the Winner of the ASTRA Best Toys for Kids 2015 Award. Turning knives, forks and spoons you need to guide the bug into your trap. Throw the die to discover which utensils you can turn. Catch the bug in your trap and earn a token – the first player to collect 5 tokens wins the game. Ages 6-15
- Speak Out the hilarious, Mouthpiece Party Challenge Game for the whole family and friends where you try to speak words with a ridiculous mouthpiece. Ages 16+
Also try: Watch Ya’ Mouth
- Monopoly is still one of the best board games ever. And with so many different varieties, there is one for every family, no matter what your obsession. Check out the new Dr. Who Monopoly
- Days Of Wonder Ticket to Ride Climb aboard for some railroading fun and stake your claim to the turn-of-the-century rail routes of North America in this classic cross-country train adventure boardgame for 2-5 players! Players collect and play matching train cards to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America. Ticket to Ride is great game that is a lot of fun for the entire family. It’s easy to understand and is a great game for those who might be interested in some of the strategy games such as Magic Minds, Code Master and Codenames that are becoming more popular.
- Latice is a new classic strategy board game for 2-4 players (or teams). you win by being the first to play all of your tiles. Perfect for adults, small parties, kids. Ages 6+, or families
- SushiGo! Pass the sushi! In this fast-playing card game, the goal is to grab the best combination of sushi dishes as they whiz by. Score points for making the most maki rolls or for collecting a full set of sashimi. Ages 8-15
- Reverse Charades Basically, the whole group acts out the word and one team member guesses! Ages 6+
- Spontuneous is a #1 favorite! A fun, simple party game to play for all ages and musical tastes. A word is given and it’s a race to blurt out any song containing that word. No singing skill is necessary. 🙂 Ages 8 +, 4-10 players/teams recommended.
- HedBanz The award winning, goofy guessing game of “What am I?” ages 8-12
- 5 Second Rule Jr. You only have 5 seconds to answer the question! Silly answers are bound to happen. The family friendly version of 5 Second Rule. Ages 6-15
- Smart Ass the game where it’s OK to blurt out the answer, and out of turn! ages 12+
- Spin Master Boom Boom Balloon Board Game is a great balloon popping game that is said to be perfect for kids birthday parties. And for the Star Wars fans, there is Star Wars Boom Boom Balloon Mfg. Recommended ages is 8-13 (however, IMO it might be more of a 5-7 year age range)
- Googly Eyes Game is the game where you put on the vision-altering goggles and draw, your team has to guess what you’re drawing before time runs out! Ages 7-15
- Zobmondo!! You Gotta Be Kidding The ridiculous of game of hypothetical “would you rather…” questions that make you guess your friends answers. ages 7+
- Shopkins Pop ‘N’ Race GameThe Classics Girls love shopkins! age: 5 – 15 Years
- Mousetrap has and always will be epic. But you need patience and it isn’t a game for little ones, although they will enjoy watching it.
- Spot it is the Award-winning game of visual perception for the whole family.
Between any two cards there is always one and only one matching symbol. Spot it fast to win! Ages 7+