Of course we love our go-to shops such as Target, Justice, Old Navy and Forever 21 but when you want something a little different (more fashion-forward) than your average clothing stores for girls, tweens and teens you have to look further. Sometimes finding sophisticated, unique or high-fashion dresses for parties or cool clothes to wear to school is a challenge. Teens and tweens like to wear fun and on trend styles but sometimes they want something a little more fashionable and unique. Here we’ll look at the Top 20 Best Stores for Teens and Tweens, and the 5 Worst Stores for Tweens and Teens.
We all know fashion is one of your top priorities. And there are a lot of options out there for juniors’ clothing. The most important aspect between a mom and her teen or tween is finding styles they both can agree on – which isn’t always easy! The good news is: You can find stylish tween clothes that you’ll both agree on and hopefully we can open your eyes to some new stores or designers that you’ll fall in love with!
I have searched out a few of my top picks of clothing stores in the USA and abroad where you can find some of the best sophisticated styles (in a variety of budgets). Many are online and ship worldwide, too. The list initially began with only 16 stores, but has since grown to over 25. I hope you find some stores that you’ll love to shop at!
The Best Stores for Fashion-Forward Tweens and Teens for 2017:
- Zara Women’s Clothing, Zara Girls/Tween up to 14
- Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Girl – Juniors
- River Island Girls, Tween and Teen
- Boden, Mini Boden Girls/Tween/Teen 9-16 Years
- ASOS Teen, Junior
- TopShop Teen, Junior
- Children’s Salon – (online, Girls to 14)
Online, Department Stores:
8. Amazon Fashion is quickly becoming a hotspot for fashion. With stores like Zappos and ShopBop jumping onto Amazon offering designer brands such as Stella McCartney, Betsey Johnson, Lilly Pulitzer and even Chloe and Dolce & Gabbana! Amazon will soon be what the mall was to all of us once upon a time. It’s already become the one stop shop for everything from groceries to your new winter coat. <3 If you need a little style inspo for Back to School, check out the current Juniors Top Picks
9. Nordstrom – Has excellent Girls, Tween clothing brands and styles in a variety of styles. They have the new Maddie Ziegler collection as well!
10. Macy’s offers a good selection of cute styles and brands for teens and tweens such as Lordes’ Material Girl collection.
Moderate – Budget:
11. Zulily This one is a favorite go-to store for daily deals and their tween selections are pretty extensive!
12. Brandy Melville – What girl doesn’t love Brandy Melville? It’s hip, Instagram chic and affordable. If your teen is lucky enough to have a Brandy Melville store nearby, your best bet is a gift card for her birthday. She will love you for it!
13. Primark (budget)- I visited my first Primark in Ireland last month and I am now officially HOOKED! If you love forever21 or Asos, you will love Primark. I picked up a pair of iridescent shoes for $18. Yes, it’s super cheap shopping, but all of the clothes are very on-trend with quite a few being more in the vein of European trends, so it will give girls a little something more than what she will find in a typical “mall store”.
14. American Eagle American Eagle continues to evolve in their styles. That’s what I admire about this brand. They have have the #1 selling jeans for the last several years for fit, quality and price. AE has definitely stayed on top of trends and tween, juniors and moms love the styles from this iconic American classic brand.
15. J Crew I’ve always loved J Crew’s styles, but some Tweens may find it a little boring. They have incorporated a lot more fun styles into their collections over the years to include cute tees with emoji motifs and sequins. For the preppy teen, the sophisticated styles of J Crew are pretty perfect.
16. Aeropostale Aéropostale gets an honorable mention as it is a premier teen clothing brand with a focused selection of high-quality, active-oriented and trending fashion at great values. They have really changed their line a lot in the last few years to stay competitive with the more fashion-forward looks for tweens and teens.
17. Uniqlo (US) Girls thru Juniors | Uniqlo UK Uniqlo is kind of like a GAP in many ways. A lot of nice basics and the prices can’t be beat.
18. H&M Girls 8-14 (and up) H&M continues to impress me with their growing variety of fashionable styles for kids and juniors clothes.
19. MANGO I love Mango for kids. It has a fresh aesthetic mixed with a little European style that really goes a long way. I rarely get on Mango’s website without finding a few items I really love!
20. Urban Outfitters Urban Outfitters is a #1 shopping destination for a lot of teens. Not only for the clothing, but for the bedroom decor. Teenage girls thru college age love the retro styles and vintage revivals. Generally if something is on trend, UO was one of the firsts to introduce it.
The Top 5 WORST Tween and Teen Clothing Stores for 2017 (Least favorite):
- Justice for Girls
- The Children’s Place
- JC Penney
Are you interested in launching a product to break into the Teen or Tween Market?
Get my eBook!